Selling your home Successfully in Hampton Roads
IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU
Our real estate business is built around one guiding principle: It’s all about you.
We, Will, Help You By…
1. Taking time to understand your wants, needs, and expectations; answering your questions; returning your phone calls and emails the same day, and being always honest with you.
2. Helping you obtain the highest possible price for your house in the shortest amount of time.
3. Advising you on pricing and staging once I thoroughly evaluated your home against the market.
4. Implementing a comprehensive marketing plan to expose your house to buyers through as many channels as possible.
5. Coordinating the home-showing process with your family’s needs in mind.
6. Presenting all offers and advising you on the terms and contingencies contained within.
7. Negotiating on your behalf for the best offer.
8. Scheduling and coordinating the completion of contingencies and inspections and monitoring the buyer’s loan process.
9. Coordinating and supervising the preparation of all real estate closing documents and guiding you through the closing process.
10. During the entire listing, from start to finish, always represent YOUR best interests.
GET READY TO LIST
What will it sell for?
The market tells us how much your home is worth. I will advise you on pricing after my thorough analysis of your property compared to the market, and with my recommendation, you will make the final decision.
Five Factors Affecting the Value of Your Property
1. Price – Based on Recent Sales
Comparable homes in the area that have recently sold are how buyers and their agents will determine the fair market value for your home.
Location is one of the most important factors in determining the value of your property.
The condition of the property affects the price and the speed of the sale. • Prospective buyers often make purchases based on emotion, so first impressions are important.
• I’ll advise you to optimize your home’s physical appearance to maximize the buyer’s perception of value.
Prospective buyers will compare your property—the condition and the price—to other active listings in and around your neighborhood. To get buyers’ attention away from your competition and focused on your home, we will be competitive by properly pricing and staging your home.
Property values are affected by the current real estate market. Because we can’t manipulate the market, we’ll collaborate on a pricing and marketing strategy that will take advantage of the first 30 days your property is listed. It’s the window of opportunity when buyers and their agents discover your property and are most likely to visit and make offers.
Of these five factors, you can only change two:
the price and the condition.
GET READY TO SELL – PRICE
a well-priced home creates interest, attracts buyers, generates showings, and produces offers, all very quickly.
a An underpriced home will attract buyers and may sell quickly, yet may detract buyers who wonder “what’s wrong with it?” as well as being overlooked by buyers looking in a slightly higher price range.
a An overpriced home will be evidenced by lack of interest, few showings, no offers, a longer time on the market, and possibly price cuts—which look bad from the buyer’s perspective.
Even though it’s true that a lower price will attract more viewings, it doesn’t ensure a sale, and may not meet your financial goal.
GET READY TO SELL – CONDITION
You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
• Most buyers make decisions about the property they see within the first 15 seconds of entering the home.
• Homes in great condition attract more interest and offers and tend to sell for more than homes in less than great condition.
Staging Makes the Difference
Decluttering and improving the general cleanliness and condition of the home is what we call “www.”
When a seller stages their home, one of two things happens:
1. The home becomes more valuable than other comparable properties in that price range.
2. More buyers become interested and make offers allowing you to sell faster and for more money.
Stand Out from the Crowd
1. Start at the curb of your house, and notice any maintenance or landscaping issues (chipped front door paint, poor outside lighting, dirty windows, overgrown bushes and hedges, cluttered walkway and driveway, etc.)
2. Inside the home, observe … is it tidy, clean, and odor-free? Does the layout of furnishings allow for easy flow?
3. Throughout the house, make note of any areas that need painting or repair and check the flooring for wear and cleanliness.
4. Will the buyer be able to see themselves in the property, or will they be too reminded of your family? Make note of family photos and personal items that can be packed away.
SEARCH7CITIES LISTING STRATEGIES
You deserve much more than a sign in the yard, fliers in a box, and an occasional viewing. You deserve a team that will be at your side from beginning to end, ensuring that your property sells smoothly and that you get the most money possible from the sale.
OUR REAL ESTATE & MORTGAGE TEAM PROMISE TO
We offer a wide variety of marketing campaigns to promote and sell your listing!
- SMS TEXT RIDERS
- SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTIONS
- OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
- PROMOTIONAL FLYERS
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS
- DRONE PHOTOGRAPHY
- AND MORE!